Tuesday, April 13, 2010

First Adventure to The US

This is my first time using blog, but I think Blog is a good idea for every one can share their experiences to each other. So am I ^-^ Since I came here for the first time in the US, I felt very strange, and I was very shy to speak English to American. Furthermore, I just travel by my self, and I had to transfer two planes. I met all strangers and no Vietnamese. Well, it was really hard for me to deal with. I wanted to call my Aunt, but I didn't have any quarter in my pocket. Luckily, I brought with me a quick studying English book, so I opened it and found a sentence that I can ask an American to change with me a dollar into 4 quarters. I asked a seller near by with my quick leanrt English : " Ken ..yiu...hmm help me?, I want ..hmm mmm change wan ...hmm dolas". ^-^ ( that how I spoke), luckily she understood me and gave 4 quarters. Finnally I called my aunt and felt safer. Yeah, that time I thought that I would be lost instead of arrived here. Now my English is getting better so I can go every where in the US.

3 comments:

  1. Lanny, that's a great story! It takes a lot of courage to do what you did. Congratulations on your progress!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh my God! It was so terrilbe, right!
    I myself had almost the same one with you. Because before I came here, my husband shown me my route, and the time limit also. That was why I did not have time to do any thing instead of running (because I thought I would be late). I even did not call my husband when I were in San Francisco. Thanks God because everything was fine and I met my husband who waiting for me at Austin airport. hihi

    ReplyDelete
  3. yea, i guess using a blog ain't a bad experience. it makes one's english learning better by the day and by reading and commenting..

    ReplyDelete